At Cala Hotels we are continuously monitoring and adopting our procedures in line with the latest recommendations. We are following and implementing Scottish Government and local authorities advice to reduce exposure to and transmission of Covid-19 which includes hand and respiratory hygiene as well as safe food practises.
From 19th July all of Scotland will move to Level 0 Covid restrictions. Please note the Scottish Government has advised that public heath measures should continue to be followed in order to protect one another as Covid-19 restrictions are eased.
Prior to visiting the Western Isles the First Minister has asked everyone take two Lateral Flow tests - the first three days before travel and one on the day of travel to help protect the islands from the virus being brought in undetected. Should you have positive result you must self-isolate and book a PCR test. These tests can be ordered on line free of charge - www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests. For local advice please refer to the post code checker www.gov.scot/check-local-covid-level/.
So here is what to expect at Cala Hotels:
1. Employee Safety Measures
- Thermal imaging temperature checks upon arrival and careful monitoring for other symptoms.
- Specific training on Covid-19 for all staff and changes made to our procedures to reduce the risk of transfer in line with current guidelines.
- Risk assessments have been completed and communicated to our staff.
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Installation of protective screens in front of house areas.
- Refresher training of all staff as Government guidance is updated.
2. Guest Wellbeing
- Only one household (or extended household) per room as per Scottish Government guidelines.
- Pre arrival email or telephone call.
- Electronic check in and check out.
- Contactless payment methods, including credit/debit cards and BACS.
- Hand sanitising stations on arrival and throughout the hotel.
- Enhanced cleaning of all touch points throughout the hotel.
- Directional and social distance signage.
- Support of the NHS Test and Protect scheme.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout the hotel.
- Toiletries and hospitality tray supplied are for one-person use.
- Removal of all collateral from public area and bedrooms.
- A Duty Manager available to answer questions.
- We respectfully ask all our guests to observe safety measures in place.
- Completed the Good to Go criteria.
- During your stay no access will be made to your bedroom by our team. A traditional light housekeeping is available on request.
3. Social Distancing Measures
- Physical distancing measures throughout the hotel, in line with government guidance.
- Furniture re-configuration and capacity reductions in public spaces and restaurants.
- Express check-in and check-out available to all guests.
- Amended restaurant service methods to reduce close contact.
- Contactless payment methods, including credit/debit cards, Apple Pay and BACS.
4. Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Increased frequency of cleaning and sanitising in all public areas and touch points.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitising of all our hotel bedrooms.
- Use of sanitiser that meets EN14476 standard.
- New hand sanitiser stations throughout the hotel.
5. Food and Beverage
- Tables and chairs have been reconfigured with a reduced capacity to maintain social distancing.
- Tables, chairs and touch points sanitised after each use.
- Single use menus.
- All condiments are on a request basis.
- Hand sanitising stations available for use.
- Contactless or card payments only. Card machines sanitised after each use.
- Enhanced cleaning of all touch points.
- Staff maintain social distancing by placing food and drink at end of table.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout the hotel.
- A host on duty at all times to meet and greet, advise our guests of restaurant procedures and protocols.
- Scottish Government Guidance relating to indoor gathering is followed in all food and beverage outlets.
- We are supporting the NHS Test and Protect scheme with all customers asked to provide contact details. These details will be kept in line with DPA regulations for 21 days. All diners will need to record their details when visiting our restaurants using the Check In Scotland QR code displayed.
- As per Scottish Government guidelines and in line with Level 0 hospitality measures, our restaurants operate a last orders policy for food and are open in line with the Hotel License for the consumption of food and alcoholic drinks, with a maximum of 10 people from 4 households permitted (children under 12 do not count towards the total number of people who meet but do count towards the maximum of households permitted).
We care for you.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely to ensure the safety of all partners and guests and will update this communication regularly. Be assured, booking with Cala Hotels is safe, and you can always select the Best Available Rate for an easy and straight-forward cancellation policy. If you are experiencing any other specific concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us or the hotels directly, be assured, we are here to assist you.